Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Head and the Heart : Music

When I saw that these guys were coming to town in support of Dr. Dog, and on February 15th, I knew immediately what to get J for Valentines Day.  It was supposed to be a surprise, but a momentary schedule misunderstanding forced me to let the cat out of the bag.  The Head and the Heart has been the dominant soundtrack around these parts since I got turned onto them by Amy, my sister in law.  If you've been enjoying the recent surge of neo-folkyness such as the Avett Brothers or Mumford & Sons, I suggest you check these guys out.

I was initally worried about bringing my camera.  Februrary in Vermont is not a time to stash a camera in your car unless you want your LCD to explode.  So I gathered a little gumption and emailed the press contact for the band, to ask permission.  I got a quick and enthusiastic reply and as a result, I got my very first Photo Pass.  Hopefully not my last.  And perhaps in the future I'll bring more than one lens.  I didn't get quite the photos I had hoped, but it can be hard when your busy groovin and singing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment